TERMS & CONDITIONS:
BY REGISTERING WITH D.I.A.N.A. -WHETHER ON THE WEBSITE OF VERBALLY- YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING POLICIES
- All driving lessons must be completed within 12 months of registration. Under certain rare situations (medical conditions or emergencies), the registration can be extended to the second anniversary of the registration date by paying the difference between the original amount paid and the current fee (if there has been a price increase). If lessons have not been completed within 24 months of the registration date then any tuition paid will be forfeit.
- The Online course must be completed within one year of registration. If the course has not been completed within that time frame, then it must be repurchased at the normal tuition price.
- After a driving lesson has been scheduled, there will be no charge to reschedule the lesson unless the reschedule request is made with less than 48 hours notice, in which case a reschedule fee equal to one-hour lesson will apply.
- If a driving test is cancelled with D.I.A.N.A, then it will be cancelled with PennDOT as well.
- D.I.A.N.A. will schedule your driving lessons with the client over the phone, and then normally send an E-mail confirming the appointment, as well as a second E-mail as a reminder.
- All cancellations and reschedules must be made by phone, not E-mail or any other communication method. Call D.I.A.N.A. at 724-538-4653. If the cancellation is being phoned in with less than 48 hours notice, and you get the office voice mail, then you must both leave a message there and call the number for "emergencies and last-minute cancellations" as directed in the voicemail. Failure to do so will result in the "no-show" fee being assessed as described above. Messages left on our voice mail between 7:00 PM and 9:00 AM are considered received at 9:00 AM.
- All refunds are subject to a servicing fee to cover office expenses associated with negotiating and scheduling appointments, processing refunds, unscheduling appointments and PennDOT tests, etc. If appointments have not been made, then we will refund 80%. No refunds will be offered and student will be charged the full tuition fee in any of the following cases:
- At least one driving lesson appointment has already been scheduled and confirmed.
- There has been blatant disrespect and/or abuse generated towards any instructor or D.I.A.N.A. staff member.
- There has been damage to our vehicle.
- For the Online course: after login information has been provided.
- If more than one year has passed since registration.
- If a student is a "no-show" for a driving lesson (meaning our instructor was dispatched to meet the student, but the student was unable or unavailable to take the lesson).
- If the instructor feels that it would not be safe for the student to take his/her test without our instructor in the car, then we reserve the right to cancel the test and convert the appointment into a 3-hour lesson.
- Be advised that smoking is NOT permitted in a company car by any student or any instructor at any time.
- We do not bill "travel time" to pick up or drop off students, but we do reserve the right to subtract five minutes from each hour of the lesson as travel time if necessary.
- Student must have a valid learner's permit or license in his/her possession for lesson.
- Following the lesson, the instructor will give feedback to the student regarding his/her performance, and will suggest that the student share this feedback with the parent(s). However, if the parents would like to personally speak with the driving instructor following the lesson, then please notify the instructor or this office ahead of time so that the instructor will allot time for this purpose.
- As stated in the "Driving lessons" portion of this website, our standard curriculum for the 6-hour course includes country roads, city streets, arterial highways, freeways, and practicing for the driving test. This is a lot to cover in the standard 6-hour course, so unless you will be purchasing a package with 12 hours or more (not counting the refresher lesson & test), we require that the student have a minimum of ten hours instruction from parents or other qualified licensed drivers before scheduling the driving lessons. Please inform us of the student's experience and comfort level. If the student has extremely limited experience, the instructor may elect to begin the first lesson in parking lots.
- Our instructors are required by our school and the Pennsylvania Department of Education to enter notes regarding the student's progress, and they will use their "phone" to do this. They may also check GPS for routes, construction, etc. Our instructors are not texting friends or surfing the internet, and will still be paying full attention to what the student is doing.
- Unlike other professions where people can periodically remove their masks when alone, we must both be constantly wearing our masks while in the enclosed environment of a car. Also, since the instructor will be constantly talking, moisture builds up inside the mask and that becomes very uncomfortable. For this reason, we will be taking a five-minute "mask break" outside of the vehicle half way through the lesson. We consider this time as non-instructive, and will return the student 5 minutes later than we normally would. (See previous note regarding travel time).
- We bill NO credit card processing fees for the initial purchase, however all subsequent purchases must be subject to a $10 credit processing surcharge to offset banking fees.
We are fully insured for all liabilities. If a collision occurs which is directly attributable to the student's actions, the student is expected to compensate us for the insurance deductible, not to exceed $1,000. In most cases, we believe this would be covered by the student's automobile insurance, similar to rental cars.
Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to D.I.A.N.A. or the breach thereof -including credit card payment disputes- shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Arbitration Rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.